Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Stars and Stripes

So I got my tickets to Vans Warped Tour.....

I am so excited. I'm not even going to bother writing in all-caps or use a ton of exclamation marks because the level of exultation (SAT word, by the way) I'm experiencing right now is kind of inexpressible. Actually, to be honest, I'm only really excited because Hellogoodbye will be playing. To say that they are my favorite band is the understatement of the century. I've had an ongoing love-affair with the band since seventh grade. That's commitment, people. But more on them in a separate post.

The Fourth of July weekend happens to bring surprises for my family every year. We always end up doing something totally unanticipated. I think that may be one of the reasons that it's one of my favorite weekends. Additionally, it's one of the rare weekends on which my parents are truly relaxed. It's always pleasing to see them actually 'chilling out'. This year was no different. One of our family friends whom we hadn't seen for a very long time decided to drop by and stay over for the whole weekend. This was by no means annoying as it may have been on any other weekend. Instead, it added to the bliss of the weekend. We drove to the Lake of Isles and biked around while admiring the eclectic neighborhood that surrounds. It was one of the best weekends ever.

I drove for the very first time. I loved it. I think I'm going to enjoy driving.

I stumbled upon this picture and decided that I want to go on a safari some time in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment